Monday, July 23, 2007

Last Week......



It was a great last week. Had loads of fun overall.. top 5 moments I had last week....

5. Reading "The Third Reich in Power" by Richard J. Evans.... I bought this book a long time ago but was too occupied to go through it. Finally, I was able to browse through its pages. I Just read the first few chapters and my early impression is that "the book has got it all".

4. Going to Lab on all five days. It's been a pretty long time since I had done that!!!!

3. Eating in Panda Express after almost a month.

2. Attending dinner parties hosted by Ganesh (who happens to be my roommate!!!). Since I had not helped him in cooking, theoritically, it was infact hosted by Ganesh.

1. Super Sunday. Watching Alonso win European GP and Padraig Harrington winning the British Open. It was one of the best final rounds of Golf I had seen in a very long time. I felt very sorry for Sergio. It was not exactly a "Van de Velde" type crash of 1999, but it was infact a dissapointing finish for Garcia.


***** Last Week's Best Interview:

R&A press: "There's no easy way to say this, But I know you're bitterly disappointed."

Garcia: "No, I'm thrilled. Happiest man alive."

***** Good Bye, Dr. Kalam. It was great to have you back at Anna University, my alma mater.

***** India did pretty good in the first test against England. They had infact pushed England into the fifth day at Lord's. May rain save India!!!!

***** One of my friends went to the mall this weekend. He asked for a polo t-shirt (with collars) which was neither plain nor striped. It was pretty much the last time he was given a welcome at Dillards.

***** Sania Mirza won the doubles title at Cincinnati. Heard 10000 more bottles of Sprite had been sold!!!!

***** Heard Sachin is planning to tour England again the next time around (after 3 years) and is planning to score a hundred at lords. He really wants his name engraved up on the honors board.

***** David Beckham was on the field for 12 minutes against chelsea. He was present at Tom Cruise- Will Smith Party the next day for a lot more time. MLS' future is very bright indeed!!!!

***** Hoping to see A- Rod hit his 500th Homer this week against KC Royals. All he needed was one season to change from K- Rod to H- Rod.

Finally, Its green everywhere!!!!! Congrats Padraig!!!!

No comments: